Thursday, June 2, 2011

Irishish Red Update

A week after bottling, the beer had a red tinge but was mostly brown, now it has morphed into a nice looking red. When I first tried the beer, it was a ridiculously sweet beer. I tried it on Saturday, less than a week after bottling and it was a banana bomb. I tried it on Wednesday and the banana flavour had subsided a fair bit but it tasted like fruit flavoured candy.
It had attenuated right out with the OG 1.050 and FG 1.004 so I know the yeast converted all the fermentable sugars.
There was a mild heat wave and it caused the linen closet to heat up to 73 degrees F. So, that may have been the problem.
I will be cracking open a beer every 3 days to see what it has changed into.
I am happy to report that the beer has debananaified considerably and is not too bad of a beer. A little thin but smooth and easy drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment