Saturday, March 17, 2012

TASTING PARTY #2

I'm having another tasting party tonight on St. Patrick's Day. It should be an awesome night. Chef Cindy has lined up a delicious selection of food that should pair perfectly with my beer. Obviously, I had some trepidation with a couple of my brews, specifically, the Witbier and the Belgian Blonde. I haven't used Belgian yeast before and was not prepared for the qualities that it lent to the ales. They had a strong phenolic aroma to it that did eventually subside. I'm used to drinking my beer without worry about 6 weeks after brewing but the Wit and especially the Belgian have taken more time to get up to snuff. I have a plan with the Witbier because it had a weird lake/hotdog aroma to it: I will cut up orange slices and add those to the glasses. Of course, I'm worrying too much but that is my shtick. Here are the pairings:

No comments:

Post a Comment