Sunday, March 4, 2012

YELLA: The Golden Ale

I have been slacking off with my blog lately. I've made quite a few beers since my November 28th post so I'm going to try and catch up with my past recipes. Part of my problem is that I discovered Hopville.com and have posted a lot of my recent recipes there. Here is the link for my brews.
Alright, I made an American Golden in December and it turned out very well. In fact, it won a silver medal at the Cowtown Homebrew Roundup in Calgary that was held in February. The coolest part of that win was the fact that I used Homegrown Hops for the flavour addition of the brew. Here is the recipe:

YELLA

4.55KG 2-Row Pale
1.00KG Vienna

28 Grams Brewer's Gold (5.5 AA) 60 minutes
28 Grams Brewer's Gold 30 minutes
15 Grams Golding 1 minute

Wyeast 1056 American Ale

154F Mash

No comments:

Post a Comment