Saturday, July 2, 2011

Update on Beer Garden

This hop vine was already growing on the North side of the house when we moved in 3 years ago. That was before I became obsessed with homebrew and I had no idea what it was. This year, I took a couple rhizomes and planted it in a wine crate on the southeast corner of the house. I think there are couple of cones already starting to form whereas there were no cones on the north side. The big question is: What kind of hops is it? I went to this website and found this image of a cascade hop vine. This looks the closest to my vine. I like the citrusy notes of Cascade so I won't be disappointed with that variety. It could also be nugget hops because the leaf structure is similar. The hops look different so I will have to wait to be definitive.
Well, as long as I get hops to make at least one batch, I will be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment