Monday, February 28, 2011

More Supplies

Today, I bought more supplies from Brewer's Direct. It's a Manitoban run business so I figured I would give them my patronage. Here's what I purchased:

Bucket Fermentor (I was told I didn't need an airlock for the primary - just put the lid on loosely)
Plastic Carboy
Air lock and bung for Carboy
Syphon combo (which I still have to figure out how to use)
Spoon
Hydrometer
Floating Thermometer
100 bottle caps
Hand capper
Sanitizer
Dextrose
Dry Malt Extract

That came to a total of $95

Stefanie (my wife) bought me a propane burner for my birthday that was $65. I still need a couple boil pots but I'm waiting on more Airmiles gift certificates so I can get a big boil pot. I will probably borrow the smaller ones from my friend.
After that, a cooler to modify into a mash would be my next purchase. So far it looks like the gear is going to cost about $200. I think the cost per beer at first will be about $4.50. Fairly pricey but I need to stay committed to make it worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment