Friday, February 11, 2011

Equipment

I feel that the start-up may initially jack the price of the beer to probably 3 dollars a beer. This means I have to stay committed and make at least 3 or four batches to make it worth the money.
I will find out soon enough.
Here is the list of equipment that I need - I will include the prices once I buy the stuff. I have a chef friend that is willing to loan me some equipment at no cost so that will be a big help.
-One - 6 to 7 gallon stainless steel boil pot
-One - 3 or 4 gallon stainless steel boil pot
-Mash tun (converted camping cooler)
-Growler or large mason jar for yeast starter
-Plastic or Stainless Steel stirrers
-Food grade tubing
-2 quart juice jug
-Propane burner (people use turkey fryers but they can be pretty expensive in Canada)
-Wort Chiller (W/O a wort chiller, you're looking at an hour or so cool down time - w/ about 15 minutes)
-Two or more 6 gallon carboys
-Fermentation locks
-Siphon tubes (wine thief)
-Hydrometer
-Thermometers
-Bottles (not going down the keg route right now)
-Bottle caps
-Bottle capper

No comments:

Post a Comment