Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Beginning

I am a stay at home dad taking care of 1 1/2 year old twin boys.  They are awesome little guys, but I need a hobby or I feel I will go crazy.  So, at the beginning of 2011, I decided to accomplish two things before the year's end:  learn how to juggle and learn how to brew good all-grain beer.  I won't be blogging about my juggling prowess (which doesn't exist), but I will be writing about beer.

I have a notebook that I will be writing everything down in as backup.  Actually, this blog is more of a backup than the notebook.  I can't take my computer to the home brewing store and it would be harder to do a quick reference in regards to recipes and such.  So, the notebook is my beer bible and this blog is to help me reinforce what I've learned. 

I plan to cook my first batch in early to mid-March and I will update this blog before that date as much as possible.  I am also going to try to do this as cheaply as I can. A 12 pack of decent beer is about $22.00 here in Manitoba, breaking it down to about $1.85 per beer.  I know there is cheaper stuff out there but me and my wife enjoy good beer.  We like to have a beer after the boys go to sleep for the night.  Unfortunately, that's starting to get very expensive.  I will be writing down how much money I am spending on equipment and ingredients to see if this is actually worth the effort.  However, I am learning a lot, so right now, it is worth the effort.

Comments will be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment