Thursday, May 31, 2012

THE CALIFORNIA COMMON CHALLENGE

I received a gold medal for my California Common at the Aurora Brewing Challenge in Edmonton, Canada. That made me a qualifier for the 2013 MCAB (Masters Championship of Amateur Brewing. That beer only received 33 points out of a possible 50. So, that means I have to come up with a better recipe/technique to net me a gold in that category. I will be brewing a lot of my "Cali B" over the next 8 months or so to come up with my best entry.
That's all I have to say about that for now, but I will be posting my updates as I make the beer. Should be an interesting Steam Beer year but I will be brewing other beers for more competitions. I have only been brewing for a year but I think I'm going to shoot for the Canadian Brewer of the Year for 2013. This year, I'm in 19th place so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment