Friday, August 19, 2011

SPLIT BREW (PORTERS)

I have decided to make two beers this weekend. One regular 5 gallon Mint Porter and one 1 gallon Vanilla Porter. I am using the same recipe for both and will be augmenting the grain bill to reflect a 6 gallon batch. I will put the mint/vanilla bean in after primary fermentation is complete.

MINT PORTER / VANILLA PORTER

4.87 KG / 10 LB 12 OZ Domestic 2 Row
.39 KG / 14 OZ Chocolate Malt
.39 KG / 14 OZ Oats (Quaker - cooked before I added it to the mash)

29 G / 1 OZ Golding Hop 60 Min
29 G / 1 OZ Golding Hop 20 Min

They were out of Golding so I picked up some nugget instead. It's pretty intense at 12.2 AA so I am just going:
20 G of Nugget 60 mins

1335 reharvested Wyeast

1.5 Oz of Vietnamese Mint from the garden
1/4 bean Vanilla Bean.
I will soak each adjunct in some Vodka or Bourbon 24 hours before placement in primaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment